Acidophilus + AquaSource Algae
NEW improved formula! Now 250% more powerful!
Native to the small intestines, these friendly bacteria also help maintain digestive health.
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that have long been known as a supplement to the natural bacteria needed to promote proper digestion. One strain that has proven to have a much better ability to colonise the gut for sustained periods with regular use and provide more essential health benefits was discovered by Dr. Khem Shahani, a professor of food science at the University of Nebraska. This strain of Lactobacillus acidophilus, known as DDS-1, has been shown to survive stomach acidity, resist bile salts, and grow well in the gut. This is the strain used in AquaSource Acidophilus.
- Promotes General Intestinal Health – Changes in bowel microbial balance may occur as a result of diet, illness, certain treatments, and poor bowel health. AquaSource Acidophilus helps promote general intestinal health by introducing desirable bacteria into the gut that can be sustained with regular use.
- Provides Vitamins B6, B12, and Folic Acid – AquaSource Acidophilus provides vitamins B12, folic acid, and B6 while helping to maintain already healthy cholesterol levels when taken as a daily supplement.
- Lactose Intolerance Support – Our acidophilus produces more lactic acid than comparable strains of L. acidophilus. It also produces more beta-galactosidase. Since people with lactose intolerance lack sufficient levels of this enzyme, it can be a helpful way to augment lactase deficiency.
- Supports Gut Health – Changes in bowel microbial balance may occur as a result of diet, certain treatments, illness or poor bowel health. Though the resident intestinal microflora acquired at birth is usually somewhat permanent in creating a defense against undesirable bacteria, when homeostasis is disrupted, gastrointestinal health may be negatively affected. Regular use of probiotics such as AquaSource Acidophilus, helps support gut health by contributing to the maintenance of good bacteria in the intestine.
Directions: Take 1 – 3 capsules in the morning with a glass of spring water on an empty stomach.
AquaSource Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1 with AquaSource Algae Food Supplement – 50 Capsules
- Two capsules provide: In a base of rice flour:
- Lithothamnium Red Algae 470mg
- Naturally providing:
- Calcium 150mg (18%*)
- Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (Klamath Lake Algae) 200mg
- Naturally providing:
- Vitamin C 18mg (22%*)
- Vitamin B12 1.68mcg (68%*)
- Vitamin B5 2mg (32%*)
- Iron 6mg (42%*)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1 providing 5 Billion CFU.
- Capsule: Vegetable Cellulose
- *% EC NRV: % European Community Nutrient Reference Value.
*SUPERIOR quality fresh Klamath Lake Algae never frozen, and dried at low temperature using our proprietary BioActive Dehydration® process.
50 veg. caps – 19.50 GBP / 21.50 EUR Get 30% off